2018 Evening for Children’s Advocacy in Annapolis
Posted on December 13, 2017 | By msacca
Registration is now open! We encourage all of our friends and members to take advantage of this opportunity to have our voices heard in our state capital. Special information regarding registration and earning Professional Activity Units is contained in the letter below. Hope to see you there! Here is a link to the registration page: http://www.marylandfamilynetwork.org/event/2018-evening-childrens-advocacy-annapolis/
Dear Early Education Professional:
Registration is now open for the annual Evening in Annapolis for Children’s Advocacy on Monday, January 29, 2018. You may register here. The form will not allow you to register multiple people. Each person who wants to attend must register individually with their home address to be able to identify their Maryland Legislative District and their state Senator and Delegates.
- Please register early to be sure you will be able to attend, and print and complete the Registration Form email you receive, and bring it with you on the day of the event.
- This event will enable you to earn two Professional Activity Units (PAUs) for the Maryland Child Care Credential, one for visiting your legislators between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM and one for attending the program from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM.
- If you plan to earn the PAU for visiting your legislators, you will need to bring your Registration Form with your Maryland Legislative District number and the names of your state Senator and Delegate(s) filled in when you sign in, and you will need to return the Legislative Visit form after you complete your visits.
- If you do not know who represents you, please go to the website http://mdelect.net/ and enter your home address, then write down or print out the district number and legislators’ names and bring them with you. This information will also help you request an appointment in advance with the legislators or with their staff members who work on children’s issues.
- To receive the PAU for attending the State House tour and watching the General Assembly Session you will have to remain in the State House until our group has been recognized on the House and Senate floor.
- The email with your Registration Form will also include links to
- information about parking and security in Annapolis,
- a sample letter requesting an appointment with your legislators and
- a template for a paper doll with instructions for having the children in your program decorate it as a gift for your legislators.
We’re looking forward to another great evening advocating for children, and we hope you will be there with us!
Maryland Family Network
Maryland Early Childhood Professionals
Maryland Head Start Association
Maryland School Age Child Care Alliance
Maryland State Child Care Association
Maryland State Family Child Care Association
SEIU Local 500