Important Information Regarding Fingerprint Reimbursement
Posted on January 2, 2018 | By msacca
MSDE has asked us to share this important information regarding reimbursement procedures for fingerprinting. In order for everyone to be reimbursed in a timely manner, they are asking for our assistance. Please read the following information and be certain you are sending the correct documentation.
- As of February 1, we will no longer accept an incomplete invoice, or any invoice that does not contain all of the required information that is on the one I’ve attached. The time we are spending making manual corrections to incorrect invoices is not fair to the people who have submitted the correct information.
- The latest information regarding requirements, invoices, and schedules can be found here: http://
earlychildhood. marylandpublicschools.org/ fingerprinting
- Receipts MUST show the amount people paid. If there is a $0 on it, we cannot accept it by itself. We need a document that shows how much was paid. If this means submitting multiple items, then that is what needs to happen.
- The CJIS tracking number(s) MUST be in the submission.
- The W-9 MUST be in the submission. Centers attach one W-9 in the name of the center (or the legal entity who holds the federal tax ID number). Family child care providers attach one W-9 in the name of the registered provider. We do NOT need a W-9 for each individual.
- The invoice MUST be filled out completely. People are leaving too many required spaces blank. This also means it MUST be signed/dated. There are NO optional fields on the invoice.
- There MUST be a staff roster, indicating the position people hold. For family child care providers, we want to know who we are paying for, and why we are paying for them. (i.e., adult over the age of 18, aide, substitute, etc.)
- This goes into effect February 1, 2018. After that date, any submission that is missing even one of these items will be returned for correction. People want, and deserve, a speedy reimbursement. However, the submissions we are getting are requiring a lot of work on our end to get them ready.
- Also, please, please, please – do NOT send the results of the background check! Do NOT send the livescan form. We do not need, or want, this information.